The Little Fighters Cancer Trust was established in 2010 when it was realised that there are many Child Cancer affected families that need help but are falling through the cracks.
Providing Practical, Emotional & Educational Support to Children with Cancer and their Families and Raising Public Awareness of Childhood Cancer Early Warning Signs across South Africa.
The Little Fighters Cancer Trust strives to relieve some of the heartache and difficulties faced by childhood cancer affected families, guided by the following goals:
- Providing support with a holistic approach, ensuring that individuals, families and communities are included.
- Treating Each Child with Cancer and his/ her Family as individuals, as we understand and respect the uniqueness of each situation.
- The preservation of individual dignity and pride.
- Promoting and advocating National Childhood Cancer Awareness in an effort to increase the amount of diagnosed childhood cancer cases in South Africa, as an increase in earlier diagnosis will result in a higher survival rate for children with cancer in South Africa.
Our values provide the foundation of our organisation and the means by which we achieve our goals.
These values are:
- Empathy and Caring
- Respect for all
- Maintenance of strict confidentiality
- Preservation of each person’s dignity and individuality
- Integrity beyond reproach
Our Core Services
The Little Fighters Cancer Trust provides services in three core areas:
- Hospital Ward Support
- Individual Childhood Cancer Affected Family Support
- Promoting and Advocating Childhood Cancer Awareness